Thank you to everyone who came to the Volunteer Fair on 15th February to pick up a tree or two.
All 1000 trees were taken and promised to be planted within the week.
We would like to encourage all our tree planters to keep the roots moist until planting can take place to give the wips as much chance as possible when planted.
For our project it is important that we are sure that the trees get planted so we would really love everyone to take a photo of their planted tree or hedge and upload it to social media. Please use the #thametrees tag so that we can count your tree on our progress chart. We would also love to know where the trees are planted so include in the post which town. Thanks.
What is the project ?
The Thame Tree Plant 2020 project is for 21st Century Thame to commit towards the 1 million trees Woodland Trust mass tree planting campaign — part of National Tree Week and the Big Climate Fightback.
Our project is pledging to plant 500 trees around Thame in 2020.
To purchase the trees we expect the costs to be upwards of £3K.
We will then be putting together small and large tree planting events using volunteers.
We need :
- Businesses to pledge to sponsor to buy the trees next year (lots of marketing exposure !)
- Volunteers to plant trees on specific tree planting event days
- Volunteers to nurture a tree or two until it is grown enough for public life
- Residents to plant one or more trees in their garden
- Local landowners to allocate some space for a small wood
- Volunteers to harvest self sown saplings or take hard wood cuttings
(Trees planted by landowners relies on your posts to social media to #thametrees.)