We’re very excited to announce B P Collins as the Headline Sponsor of our Hedgehog Highways project. B P Collins is an award-winning law firm in Thame, which is committed to corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability.
B P Collins has already been very active in its support of this project, hosting a Hedgehog Highway stall at Thame Carnival and handing out small water bowls for Hedgehogs at the event. The team also joined us in the Thame Carnival parade, walking alongside the St Tiggywinkles Hedgehog Mascot, wearing Hedgehog masks themselves whilst handing out Hedgehog information leaflets to the crowd. They really got into the spirit of the event.
B P Collins’ sponsorship has allowed us to host Hedgehog Highways information events at Taste of Thame and the Barley Hill School Summer Fete. These events have been instrumental in connecting us with other passionate Hedgehog supporters, and we’ve now got a list of +50 Hedgehog Street Champions from all across Thame. We’re hoping these champions will help us get the word out about how best to support Hedgehogs locally.
On a broader note, our aims for the Hedgehog Highways project so far are:
- Educate the residents of Thame on how to support Hedgehogs and eliminate/ minimise hazards
- Create more Hedgehog Highways in Thame
- Develop Thame Hedgehog Street Champions on each street so that Thame becomes a ‘Hedgehog friendly town’
- Map out the Hedgehog highways and routes through Thame
- Lobby relevant stakeholders such as property developers, allotments, garden centres, councils etc to have more Hedgehog supportive policies in place
- Build a long-term strategy to allow Hedgehogs to thrive
We’re really excited about the long-term potential impact of this project and we look forward to working with B P Collins to help Hedgehogs to thrive in Thame.
If you want to be a Thame Hedgehog Street Champion or want to join the project team, please contact us [email protected] and we’ll get back to you.
Thanks to B P Collins for their wonderful sponsorship of this project 2023.
The Thame Business Initiative is a 21st Century Thame project started January 2023).
It’s aim is to engage businesses in the sustainability discussion in 3 ways :
- to showcase what they are already doing and what they are aiming to do,
- to encourage their employees to be involved in local sustainability initiatives and
- to encourage the business to help fund projects being run by the community.
The project has initially been funded by SODC via a South Oxfordshire District Council Councillor Grant 2023.
Lightfoots Solicitors have kindly supported this project to enable us to continue the work further into 2023.