Thame Trees Need Water to Survive the Heatwave
Help water community trees
The current heatwave means many newly planted trees and hedges in Thame may perish. We need your support to keep them alive!
If you live close to any of these locations please consider popping out with a watering can full of bath, shower or washing up water and dumping it on the roots around any of the new trees :
- Queen Elizabeth Circle Recreation Ground (behind the kiddies play park)
- Hamilton Road (on the left as you drive down Hamilton Road)
- Howland Road (outside Lucy Electric on the ring road)
What you need to know :
- Approximately 1 watering can (10 litres) a day.
- In drought conditions up to 2 cans may be needed
- Bath, washing up or rainwater can be used
- Water early morning or early evening, to avoid water loss
- Avoid watering leaves or greenery